Thursday 19 February 2015

Unexpected bumps along the way!

It's been a really trying couple of weeks for all of us....but I have found who is really important to me in the process..
The bus has a full coat of paint and just needs the Southern Cross painted on the sides to be complete then we can focus on the interior.
I have been very brave and filled a large washing basket full of clothes that we simply do not need....I haven't quite made it to the Vinnies bin yet... I am working on that part, its really difficult to let go!...but realistically we don't have the room in the bus so I must travel lighter.
My girlfriend took me to the movies at Chirnside Park...I was so excited as I cannot remember the last time I had been!
We watched 'Wild' starring Reece Witherspoon and I loved it so much I decided it would be a great idea for us to do our own trek.....My girlfriend, our 16yr old son and myself are now booked for the 28th February to trek the Overland Track in Tasmanias wilderness for 6 days!!...now that will be an experience lol!
This will be the first trek of its kind for all of us and the pre-hike training has been hysterical to say the least but that would take another blog all on its own....one week out and we still haven't decided what food to take so please feel free to offer suggestions!
Troy has been hospitalized for ongoing back pain that was so bad my dad had to fill his ticket on the Spirit of Tasmania that we had booked.
We took our car over on a day sail and we are house sitting in the North Eastern town of Binalong Bay.
Dad settled us in and spent time with each of the kids before flying home to Melbourne today....Troy has finally been given the all clear to meet us over here on Saturday and we can't wait to all be together again!
Tasmania is just absolutely stunning and everyone is so happy here!
Its not expensive either.
Our house has the most amazing views and we have a track down to the beach where there are big boulders covered in orange Lichen with the whitest sands...its just beautiful....I pinch myself every morning.....the kids just shreik with delight everytime we walk down there....I am so glad we are giving them these experiences...
Its been challenging but once again a few wonderful friends have rallied around us and if those particular friends (and some family members) are reading this, Troy and I are truly grateful....you keep us going and have taken care of us while we have been separated as a family....thankyou 💜

No comments:

Post a Comment