Saturday 3 January 2015

Travelling with the kids solo

Its been a hot, hectic day.
I need to get myself more organized if we are going to travel succesfully or at the very least try to be less impulsive....a trait of my personality that is so far out of control its not funny anymore.
We had already planned that Troy was staying back a while and that I would continue South with the kids on a camping trip then I get this great idea that I would have a stall at the markets that were being held at the showgrounds we are currently camped at before we leave, afterall its only going to be a 38 degree day and after the markets we will have time to pack the car and head off right?
It was so hot, I think there were two kids at the markets and I got to proudly facepaint them....at least I made half my rent back for my efforts!
I proudly pack up my things and with the help of Troy and the kids I carry all my paints, chairs and table back to the bus, sweating and quietly thinking to myself that was a bloody waste of time...but with my pride refusing to admit defeat, I smile and start packing the car.
I think it was about 2 or 3pm that we finally drive out waving goodbye to daddy, tooting to him up the road until he was no longer in sight.
I feel sad leaving Troy behind and the realization that I am now on a camping trip with the kids alone sinks in pretty quickly.
Anthony drove for the first time through Sydney as a learner and I must say he did really well so I thought we might stop and have a look at the sea cliff bridge as a treat...
The sea cliff bridge is along Lawrence Hargreaves drive at Stanwell, heading towards Wollongong.
It really was a beautiful scenic drive and we all agreed one of the prettiest stretches we have seen so far.
We park the car and I am walking ahead of the kids in total awe of the views and I could see people looking past me at the kids..some giggling and others just staring in disbelief, so I turn around to look at them and I didn't know what to do.....when we left the showgrounds, I had given the kids a packet of textas and a scrapbook as a treat and here were my two children walking along this bridge covered head to toe in texta pen and to top it off, neither Troy or I had noticed that River was still in his pjamas!....it was at least 4pm in the afternoon.
There was no going back now....we were on the bridge!
I held my head up and we kept walking along that bridge...all four of us, afterall what were they going to say to me?....the state of my children was pretty self explanatory!
We headed back to the car and kept driving until we reached our destination with enough light left to put the tent up.
We had dinner and all fell asleep really early until Ruby woke me up for some water at 1am.
So thats the time I am writing this blog...its now 2.08am and the lesson learned is be more organised and my day probably would've been a lot less tiring....tomorrow is a new day  💚

No comments:

Post a Comment